- Maverick Magazine - UK
- Huke Greenâ€™s vocals are nothing like youâ€™ve heard before. Sounding as though whiskey has been soaked in his throat during his formative years and then worn down by sandpaper, despite this Hukeâ€™s vocals invite you in and it is very difficult not to enjoy what youâ€™re hearing. Read full review
- Huke Green featured on Roots Time (Belgium)
- These lyrics are as raw as the voice of the interpreter, together they have the effect of a glass of 12 year old whiskey. They burn in your body. Partly due to the atmospheric minimal supervision, you will get that folky Americana sound that is reminiscent of the well traveled troubadours of the America's past. Read full review
- Recensione del - 29/08/2011
- Even though the ghost of other illustrious songwriters resound through out these works, 'Rustic Poet' captures the genuine creativity and spontaneity that shines from this stand out of a talent, that goes by the name of Huke Green. Read full review
- I GET BY WITH A LOTTA HELP
- I am SO encouraged that our future priests are listening to decent music.
From my buddy Ron Wall from Calgary, Alberta whose visas finally came through and who is preparing to move with his wife Diane and possibly his son Austin to St. Louis, MO and I hope to meet in the flesh someday soon: Introducing Huke Green.I am SO encouraged that our future priests are listening to decent music.
From my buddy Ron Wall from Calgary, Alberta whose visas finally came through and who is preparing to move with his wife Diane and possibly his son Austin to St. Louis, MO and I hope to meet in the flesh someday soon: Introducing Huke Green. Read full review
- Rustic Poet Review
- Well aged alt-country that's carried with a voice as hard as coffin nailsâ€¦ These songs paint a perfect picture... a sonic landscape which must be listened to. Read full review
- Rustic Poet (5 out of 5 Stars)
- He wrote poems and really only because he was artistically challenging enough, he decided to put his poems to music.. Rustic Poet (self released) is the sublime result of that decision. Read full review
- Huke Green - Featured Artist: June 2011
- Mr. Huke Green, what a gentle giant, the man is a down to earth true grass roots kinda man. I was very impressed with his demeanor and attitude when we met last summer, we have been close friends ever since. Huke IS the man that would give you the shirt off his back, just for your word that, one day you would do the same. Huke has done nothing but support me, and my gratitude is unmeasurable. Huke has a new release â€śRustic Poetâ€ť, you can get at www.hukegreen.net the musical talent is amazing, Huke will be the first to tell you he is no vocalist, he is a musician. His lyrics are deep and are different, I believe he is a lyrical poet and if you listen I truly believe you will like what he has to say, â€¦
Read full review
- Huke Green â€“ Rustic Poet /
- You hear and feel that the singer-songwriter his soul and salvation in his music. "Rustic Poet" is a terrorized and croaky screaming vocals intermitted with ten numbers, which majestically progresses.
(Translated from Dutch) Read full review
- ReviewShine Time
- "Huke's voice is not, in all honesty, conventionally attractive but it has a sort of grizzled sentimentality about it which works very effectively with his rootsy songs to create something tough but tender..." Read full review
- A Truer Sound
- This is raw roots tinged rock and roll. Fans of Lucero, Two Cow Garage, Michael Dean Damron, and all those other punk twinged acts will likely want to listen to this. I hear a lot of Ryan Bingham in this stuff tooâ€¦. particularly in the lead singer. So if you like Ryan Bingham but wish he was a little rawerâ€¦.you might want to check this out. Read full review